[Kernel-meetup] Kernel meetup summary [28th Jan 2017]

Pankaj Gupta pagupta at redhat.com
Tue Feb 7 22:01:59 PST 2017

> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar
> <sid at reserved-bit.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The reserved-bit blog entry about the meetup went up yesterday.  If
> > anybody else has written a blog entry about it, we would love to have
> > those entries mentioned in the reserved-bit blog as well.
> >
> > It would be nice to have another meetup this month.  How about 25th or
> > 26th Feb?
>
> I might be able to make it on the 26th but expect to be very
> jet-lagged. The meetup would be my attempt to stay awake that day.

We can have it on first/second week of Feb as well?

> > The one session Jitendra mentioned he wanted (and was willing to do) was
> > a beginner guide to submitting their first patch to the kernel.  A few
> > college students from PICT were very interested in joining, so I think
> > they would benefit from this too.

Nice session to have.

> If this is happening I can inform my nephew at PICT too and see if get
> can get more people to turn up.
>
> > I can talk people through discussions we had over the years to add
> > multiarch support for ARM in the kernel and glibc, which should give an
> > idea of some of the ways in which glibc and the kernel interact.
cool.

My session on Realtime Kernel is still pending. I can talk about this.
Plus I can talk about anything else(locking mechanisms like spinlock, RCU etc intro or deep dive ?)
Also, versions of preemptive locking of above? depending upon interest.

I want to know if anyone into scheduler? memory side? Networking side of things? or anything else?
There can be many interesting topics to discuss or learn ... :-)