[Kernel-meetup] Create iso for centos/fedora from the source

Siddhesh Poyarekar sid at reserved-bit.com
Tue Jun 6 10:56:35 PDT 2017

On Tuesday 06 June 2017 11:20 PM, jitendra kumar khasdev wrote:
> It looks me more on Desktop distribution, but I am mostly targeting on
> server edition, try to get an idea how fedora and other distribution
> follows the process to built thier distribution from vanilla kernel.

Oh, the spins are not just alternate desktops, recently they split the
spins into Spins and Labs, both with the same underlying packaging
paradigms.

However if your need is to look at how the Fedora kernel is built from
the vanilla kernel, then you want to look at the Fedora kernel source
package:

http://phttp://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/kernel.git/

You need rpm-build to build it from source on Fedora.  If you want to
read the code, the file to trawl through is kernel.spec.

Siddhesh