[Kernel-meetup] Proposing AOSP BoF at Devconf.in

Amit Pundir pundiramit at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 06:31:09 PDT 2018

Hi Team,

I'm thinking of proposing an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) BoF at
upcoming DevConf (4-5 Aug, Bangalore https://devconf.info/in/) under
OS/Platform track, if enough people are interested in participating.

Just like any other BoF, there will be no fixed agenda. People,
however, are encouraged to come with slides/questions/topics of their
interest around AOSP.

Primary goal of this BoF is to kickstart a meetup of fellow developers
building AOSP devices, be it smart
STBs/Kiosks/Wearables/Gateways/Auto/Multimedia infotainment devices or
custom ROMs or may be just a generic embedded device with a headless
AOSP or running AOSP in containers (e.g. Anbox) or a proof of concept
device to test the waters et al. A meetup group wherein AOSP
developers exchange ideas, learn from each other's past experiences
and hopefully collaborate on common solutions.

Common pain points for discussion, off the top of my head, are Updates
(how to Treble-ize? A/B updates anyone?),  Android vendor BSPs (are
you still stuck on stone age vendor kernels?), development devices
(development devices popular among developers? pros-n-cons?), TEE
(Trusted Execution Environ) integration, Testing etc.

We can start with few slides (on how to start with upstream AOSP
development and/or other proposed topics) to warm up the room and take
the discussion forward from there. Any custom ROM developers in the
forum? Would love to hear from you.

I'll propose a session if I get good response from developers. Let me
know if you would want to be a part of this AOSP BoF. Also please
forward it to the other people/groups, who might be interested in
this.

Regards,
Amit Pundir

PS: Sorry for cross posting it across multiple mailing lists. And
spamming custom ROM developers in the CC :)