[Kernel-meetup] Proposing a Linux Kernel BoF in Devconf.in

Pankaj Gupta pagupta at redhat.com
Mon Apr 9 20:12:04 PDT 2018

Hi Vaishali,

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Hope you all are doing well.
>
> As you might know, Devconf.in [1] will be happening in Bangalore
> during August 4-5, 2018. As we have at least 2 sort of active kernel
> meetups in India [Bangalore and Pune, I hope I'm not missing any other
> groups], I was thinking that it would be good to propose Linux Kernel
> community meetup/BoF in a conference. Although I wanted to discuss
> about the agenda before proposing it.

This looks like a nice idea.

> To make it more productive, I was wondering if we can have 4-5 hours
> of BoF with different talks/sessions [~30 mins]? I am pretty sure we
> can coordinate regarding this with the conference organizers and
> people at Christ university as well.

Yes, we can have something like meetup or Kernel track in DevConf. I am
not sure if we call it as BOF. Of-course having agenda will help.

I just saw in CFP, there is a section 'Hardware / Kernel / OS / Platform'
they might already have planned a dedicated room for this?

I am in for this.

Thanks,
Pankaj