[Kernel-meetup] [Kern Meetup Blr] Proposing AOSP BoF at Devconf.in

Amit Pundir pundiramit at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 01:42:13 PDT 2018

On 17 April 2018 at 01:43, Vaishali Thakkar <vthakkar1994 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 10:43 PM, Allen Pais <allen.cryptic at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of proposing an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) BoF at
>>> upcoming DevConf (4-5 Aug, Bangalore https://devconf.info/in/) under
>>> OS/Platform track, if enough people are interested in participating.
>>>
>>> Just like any other BoF, there will be no fixed agenda. People,
>>> however, are encouraged to come with slides/questions/topics of their
>>> interest around AOSP.
>>>

>> Great. I am sure this will be of interest to the delegates.
>>
>> Btw, are you planning to register a separate session or be part of
>> the 3 hour slot which Vaishali was planning on reserving?
>
> I would love it if we can have Android kernel related topics in the kernel
> BoF.
>
> I have applied for 3 hours of kernel BoF slot at the moment. And I'm sure
> we can give around 1.5 hours to AOSP project. If there is more time
> required, I can figure out something with organizers as well.
>
> Of course, absolutely fine if you want separate BoF for AOSP. Nonetheless,
> I'm interested in attending it anyway.

That's a good idea Vaishali. I believe most AOSP developers will be
interested in kernel BoF as well, so I don't see any reason why not
share the same slot. I have got a feeling that we may need more than 3
hours though. I have got really good response so far.  So lets wait
for a day or two, for more people/ideas to chip in and then plan the
BoF layout.

>> I unfortunately will be traveling on those dates, let me know If I could
>> be of any help remotely :).

Thanks for the offer Allen.