[Kernel-meetup] [Kern Meetup Blr] Proposing AOSP BoF at Devconf.in

Amit Pundir pundiramit at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 04:55:01 PDT 2018

On 23 April 2018 at 18:21, Vinod Koul <vinod.koul at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 12:29 PM, Amit Pundir <pundiramit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> Based on the really good response I have got so far, I'm going to
>> propose a BoF room for 20+ participants for Saturday 4th Aug. For the
>> time slot, I want to limit it to 3 hours if people agree to it. ? We
>> can try to extend it or continue next day if we get good response and
>> of course if organisers agree to it :)
>>
>> Following is the list of tentative AOSP topics which are of general
>> interest. Please add a new topic in the list if I missed out any.
>> Since I know few people in this email list who have already worked on
>> those topics, and might be able to help answer general queries, so I
>> took the liberty of adding their names against that topic. Feel free
>> to ignore it, if I tagged you wrong. Also please feel free to add your
>> name against a topic, if you like to help lead discussion around that
>> topic.
>>
>> * Tracking AOSP upstream development - Amit, Vishal, ..
>> * Android Common Kernels - Amit, ..
>> * Project Treble - Vishal, ..
>> * AOSP TV - Khasim, ..
>> * AOSP on containers - Khasim, ..
>> * Multimedia Stack
>>   - Graphics (drm/hwcomposer, vulkan) - Sumit, ..
>>   - Audio (alsa) - ?
>
> I can do that part, how much time would you give me :)

Of course. You can have as much time as you want :)
I'm waiting for few more people to confirm and then plan the BoF
layout. I'll request for a projector/screen, so if people want to
present something that would be great. And there will be few slides
for sure, to start with, but on the other hand I don't want to force
someone to come up with slides and give a talk on topic for 30+
minutes. I'm more inclined towards having a fish bowl like setup for
this BoF for discussions and Q&A. Similar to that "Git" Q&A we did
once in our kernel meetup. That was more fun and interactive right?

But again it is just me and nothing is planned yet. I'll go with
whatever majority of the attendees think make sense.

Regards,
Amit Pundir