[Makers] Hello

Nisha Poyarekar nisha at reserved-bit.com
Sun Jan 8 20:48:31 PST 2017

Hello,

> Nisha, Could you please explain what kind of projects are we targeting
> for makers ?

There is no “target”, really. The idea of the space is that members work on their own projects (hopefully, collaboratively) using the tools available or get their own (labelled) tools, treat it like a hobby-house or a reading club.
Since we are still stocking up on inventory, we can get equipment as per your requirement if it fits our budget.

I would redirect you to the tools page on the website, so you know what is already available-
https://reserved-bit.com/tools/

I can list down my projects, if that helps answer your query-

1. Cookie project: Cookie is my daughter's toy which I am trying to smartify by replacing the existing controller(it plays a preset rhyme on press of various soft buttons) with something else that can engage the child better, preferably in my voice :) This project is based on this idea - http://www.grantgibson.co.uk/2014/08/fisher-price-talking-chatter-smartphone/
I initially started with a raspberry pi, but it is too bulky for Cookie and needs to be something niftier.
2. Working on documenting flask web framework in the lines of the Django girls tutorial
3. Wearables: In the long run, I want to make interesting wearables like the LED skirt http://www.instructables.com/id/Sound-Reactive-LED-Equalizer-Skirt/
4. I want to paint grafitti at the entrance of the space

The other member at the space, Siddhesh, usually works on his own, helping me manage finances for reserved-bit when he has time to spare.

Hope to see you at the makerspace,
Nisha.