[Makers] [Workshop] Docker 101 on 19/03/2017 11:00AM to 1:00PM

Nisha Poyarekar nisha at reserved-bit.com
Wed Mar 8 02:41:15 PST 2017

Hello Makers,
We will have a Docker 101 session by Karim Memon on 19th March 2017 from 11:00AM to 1:00PM

A hands-on session on Docker fundamentals. We will be covering the following topics in this session:
	• History of Docker.
	• Key Docker terminology that beginners should familiarize themselves with.
	• Benefits of using Docker for Devolopers & DevOps.
	• Spinning off an environment locally with Docker Compose.

Prerequisites
	• Basic Linux Command Line usage
	• A laptop with Linux/OSX installed . (Windows users can use Virtualbox)
	• Enthusiasm.

Speaker Bio:
Karim Memon has 3 years of experience running DevOps for Olacabs. He has built, managed and scaled AWS infrastructe for very high frequency Rails and Php services.

FAQ:
	• Is this a new meetup group?
Ans: Yes.
	• How is it different from other meetups?
Ans: The other groups have been there for a while and are doing a great job. What I missed in some of them is the absence of hands-on sessions. This is a hands-on only meetup.
	• Why are you charging money?
Ans: We are using a venue which provides seating, connectivity and refreshments for attendees at a small fee and the ticket you buy will just cover that cost. We are making no profit out of it. Also, if you are a student you get a free pass!

To confirm your seat, please register at https://www.instamojo.com/kn330/docker-101/

Regards,
Nisha