[Kernel-meetup] 101 workshops (was Re: Added new topic)

Pankaj Gupta pagupta at redhat.com
Fri Apr 14 05:19:01 PDT 2017

> On Friday 14 April 2017 12:51 PM, Pankaj Gupta wrote:
> > I think meetup technical community discussions and paid membership/training
> > are two separate topics and I am more interested in first one... :-)
> >
> > I am more interested if more skilled people will join and we will have
> > constructive discussions on various intermediate/advanced technical topics.
>
> Yes, that is the problem these workshops would solve since the group
> will not have to keep repeating 101 sessions to accommodate newcomers.
> We continue moving forward and for those coming in fresh, they can
> attend the 101 workshops (or watch videos, etc. if that's what they
> prefer) and then catch up with the group.
>
> My primary intention of asking here was to see if the group itself was
> interested in repeating 101 sessions periodically, in which case it does
> not make sense for reserved-bit to set up a paid offering.  Given that
> the primary interest is indeed to move forward, the paid offering makes
> sense.

Got your point. We should not mostly repeat basic sessions happened once
but if anybody come up with any doubt he/she is free to ask in forum. There
are so many tutorials online available for basic stuff we are giving
opportunity to ask any doubt they have.

> > Personally, I am also not very fond of live streaming and recording
> > on these informal discussions.
>
> OK.  I did a live stream of the previous session because we got requests
> to do so.  I won't do one unless we get a request and even then, I'll
> ask the group present and if even one person is not comfortable with
> being recorded, we don't stream.

Physical presence would help if they are in same city. After all it
nullifies physical meet-up thing. Of-course, exceptions are always there.