[Kernel-meetup] 101 workshops (was Re: Added new topic)

Siddhesh Poyarekar sid at reserved-bit.com
Fri Apr 14 02:41:41 PDT 2017

On Friday 14 April 2017 12:51 PM, Pankaj Gupta wrote:
> I think meetup technical community discussions and paid membership/training
> are two separate topics and I am more interested in first one... :-)
>
> I am more interested if more skilled people will join and we will have
> constructive discussions on various intermediate/advanced technical topics.

Yes, that is the problem these workshops would solve since the group
will not have to keep repeating 101 sessions to accommodate newcomers.
We continue moving forward and for those coming in fresh, they can
attend the 101 workshops (or watch videos, etc. if that's what they
prefer) and then catch up with the group.

My primary intention of asking here was to see if the group itself was
interested in repeating 101 sessions periodically, in which case it does
not make sense for reserved-bit to set up a paid offering.  Given that
the primary interest is indeed to move forward, the paid offering makes
sense.

> Personally, I am also not very fond of live streaming and recording
> on these informal discussions.

OK.  I did a live stream of the previous session because we got requests
to do so.  I won't do one unless we get a request and even then, I'll
ask the group present and if even one person is not comfortable with
being recorded, we don't stream.

Siddhesh