[Kernel-meetup] Pune kernel meetup for February

Pankaj Gupta pagupta at redhat.com
Thu Feb 16 00:57:01 PST 2017

> > Hello guys,
> >
> > Thanks for the confirmation. Looks like 26th is the date which suits us.
> > Still don't know number/type of audience join.
> >
> > Rough agenda would be: please share your thoughts?
> > -------------------------
> >
> > * Submitting first patch upstream - Jeetendra
> >
> > * Basics of kernel memory management - Pankaj
> >
> > * Walkthrough of some recent bug fix in kernel land or recent upstream
> > patch - anyone? or pankaj can talk?
> >
> > * KVM with Realtime Kernel configurations, background, use case etc?
> >
> > * Any other topic?
>
> I'd be interested in hearing from experts about speeding up KVM and
> good defaults - e.g. virtio, enabling specific instructions, seamless
> networking. There are just too many options and bad defaults (or stale
> documentation?).

This is also nice topic to discuss/talk. Very specific to the workload
chosen and alot of details. We can discuss starting from higher level then
going to the configurations.

For Networking, I agree there are too many options. Again too many things/modes/concept
related (virtio, vhost, tun/tap, macvtap, SRIOV, now DPDK and vhost-user). We cal talk about it.

Also folks from Nvidia can help us with vfio related things or maybe their work with GPU passthrough?
Over all good topic thanks for coming up with.

Thanks,
Pankaj