[Kernel-meetup] Pune kernel meetup for February - meeting minutes

Pankaj Gupta pagupta at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 23:53:44 PST 2017

> @Pankaj: I need two gpu's to passthrough one of them to the guest, what
> happens with one gpu passthrough is, my display goes completely blank. There
> is no output at all. I currently own a gtx 970. Its possible to pass PCI
> devices directly to the guest, I just need something for the host as well.

You mean when you pass-through GPU to guest it succeeds, just host display goes off?
You are able to use VM over some remote terminal or interface?

If that is the case and I draw analogy with DPDK what we do is first unplug NIC from the host machine
and then pass-through to VM and make sure other traffic(ssh etc) take different path.

In your case, host machine might have integrated graphics card which you can use that for host display.

Thanks,
Pankaj