[Kernel-meetup] [Kern Meetup Blr] Re: Proposing a Linux Kernel BoF in Devconf.in

Siddhesh Poyarekar sid at reserved-bit.com
Thu Jul 12 12:13:04 PDT 2018

On 07/13/2018 12:17 AM, Vaishali Thakkar wrote:
> @Siddhesh: If I'm not wrong, they have already allotted separate time slot for
> Hardware Bugs so may be keeping it separate makes sense. But feel free to
> suggest any other topics we can have discussion on in Kernel BoF.

Yeah I have 60 min for it in the second half of Sunday.  If the sequence
was the other way around (kernel BoF on Sunday and my discussion topic
on Saturday) then we could have introduced the concept and then looked
at some kernel mitigations during the BoF but that's not going to be
possible now.

As a not-a-kernel-hacker here are a couple of topics I'd be interested
in hearing about:

- Scheduler configuration, specifically cpu topology and how that
affects scheduling

- Strategies for performance benchmarking inside guest VMs

I'll be attending a risc-v workshop next week, so I can consider giving
a 10 min summary if that is of interest.  It totally depends on how much
I understand of course ;)

Siddhesh