[Makers] [reserved-bit] Events for the month of June 2017

Nisha Poyarekar nisha at reserved-bit.com
Mon May 29 21:12:40 PDT 2017

Hi,

We have following workshops/meetups lined up for June:

June 3 - I want 2 do project. tell me wat 2 do (10AM-5PM) [Paid]
Get your tickets here:  http://imojo.in/22pc7e
Do you want 2 do project but don't know wat 2 do? Learn from the expert as Shakthi Kannan spends a day showing you just that. Author of the book with the same name, Shakthi will introduce you to everything you need to know to get involved in an Open Source project and be productive with a hands on practical workshop. Seats are limited, so sign up now!

June 4- Python 101 (11AM-4PM) [Paid][Lunch provided][Free for members]
Get your tickets here: http://imojo.in/bc4whc
This is an preliminary session that introduces the Python programming language. Learn all the required basics of the programming language. At the end of the workshop, we will see how we can use the Python programming language to solve our daily life problems

June 10 & 11 - Connect with Earth - Clay modelling workshop (10.30AM-12.30PM) [Paid]
Get your tickets here: http://imojo.in/3wty9u
Create, play and transform
Get your hands dirty as you bring to life a lump of clay.
Age group: 3 - 7 years
Fees: Rs.1000/- (inclusive of all material)
We encourage at least one parent to assist the child in the learning process.
Pre-registration is mandatory

June 18 - IoT meet up [Free]
RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/reserved-bit/events/240270897/
This is a free meetup organized at reserved-bit for people interested in embedded and IoT technologies.
The primary agenda for this meetup is to try and set up regular meetups in future.
In addition, the following sessions are proposed:
Integrating Voice Assistants

• How to get started developing your own hardware
• Creating apps for assistants
• Spinning your own custom assistants
• Chatbots are the first cousins
• What can be done? What can't be don (yet)
• Demos!
A quick demo of the 96Boards Carbon IoT board by SeeedStudio

June 24 - Security fundamentals[Paid][Lunch provided][Free for half yearly members]
Get your tickets here: http://imojo.in/4gh2yd
In this workshop we will start with a simple program bug to show how it can be exploited to do something unexpected and then look at various ways in which program bugs can be exploited with a focus on the concept of undefined behaviour in programming.
We will then look at security mechanisms in operating systems (we will use a Linux based operating system for this) like:
•  Address Space Randomization
• Stack Protection, _FORTIFY_SOURCE
• Memory corruption checks, pointer encryption
• Memory protection

June 25 - 3D printing - Future of things - hands on workshop[Paid]
Get your tickets here http://imojo.in/2cvgmx
Popularity of 3D printing is exploding. With this workshop, we will give you a basic understanding of 3D printing.
This workshop is suitable for anyone with an interest in 3D printing - novices or those with a deeper understanding, hobbyists, designers, hackers, engineers should all participate.
You will take a print home, all included in the ticket price.
Agenda:
* Introduction
* Materials, FDM vs SLA
* How to design in Fusion 365